Thursday, May 31, 2007

3 Years and 2 weeks

With all the stress of moving and school and stuff, I neglected to mention that Jake and I have now been married for 3 years, our anniversary was on Mother's Day (May 13th) Its crazy to think its been 3 years, time sure flies and yet the time we've been together feels like forever (in a wonderful way). Its impossible for me to imagine what my life would be like without him, I am so in love and so happy to have him as my husband.

We have had a rough and bumpy 3 years, filled with love, and heartache. Not because our marriage wasn't strong, but because of our health, mine in particular. 2005 was a very rough time for me, I found out then and started treatment for my thyroid problem - Graves' Disease - we went through some really hard times, because the treatment took my thyroid levels from super high to super low and it controls everything basically, I went nuts. Even though I tried so hard to manage my weight, I knew it would be a battle, it didn't seem to matter, I couldn't do anything and the drop in my metabolism and all the other changes caused me to gain about 50 pounds. Yikes. Which added to the depression and exhaustion with life I was feeling already. It was a spiral that I couldn't slow down, the only source of comfort I had was the love I had for Jake and the love he had for me, and the love from my family (both sides). I didn't understand and didn't want to accept what was happening to my body. It was miserable. I cried, daily for months about it, about the fact that I didn't feel like myself, and I had no control. My sweet husband was always there for me and knew when I needed to be held and comforted and when I just needed to be alone. He has always really understood me and has been able to provide the right comfort at the right time. I don't think I told him enough what that meant to me. He is so strong, I don't know how he put up with me, but I am so glad he did. I couldn't have done it without him.

Well as of 7 weeks ago my T4 and TSH levels were in the "normal" range, I have to go back today for more blood work and hopefully it will also be normal. Being "normal" will help us do the things we want in our life and prepare us for the future.

Jake's health took a crazy turn in December, that took him to the hospital and added lots of meds that made him another person, with no personality or interest in life. The preliminary diagnosis was Bi-Polar Disorder, but after stopping the medicines and changing his environment (job) he has come back to be the man we all know and love. So a little crazy + too many drugs was not the right thing for him. Having the faith that life would be ok with him changing jobs even to a lower paying and longer driving job was hard but really made all the difference in the world. We are so grateful for the support we had from family and the church, and we are so glad that things are better.

Sorry for the tangent... this was supposed to be about 3 years of marriage. They have been the best and hardest and most worthwhile years of my life. I have seen Jake grow and turn into such an amazing man, I hope that I have improved myself as much as he has. I love him and want everyone to know that!

Especially you, Jake- I really love you and am in love with you more and more everyday.

2 comments:

Jake said...

Dear! I love you so much, and it has been an honor being your husband. I don't know what I would do without you...

You are fantastic, and my better half. I love you with all my heart.

Unknown said...

You DO have a wonderful husband. Aren't we blessed!