Monday, May 7, 2007

Exciting Moving News

So we are moving, and until recently its been mostly stress. Now its getting exciting. We are moving in with Jake's parents for those who didn't know.

They are in the process of selling one house and buying a new one. The stress was caused by the fact they hadn't found a new house, but last week their offer was accepted for the new house. It is in Herriman, its really nice. There is currently and unfinished basement, but we will be finishing it as soon as possible. I am not sure but I think we will be doing some of the work ourselves. Like the sheetrocking and stuff. I don't know what it really involves, but we are pretty excited and will work hard to get it done and do it right.

I am hoping they will let us help choose the flooring and details for the basement since it will be our space for a couple years. I am all about making it uniform to the rest of the house with fixtures and stuff, but it would be so fun to be able to pick like the shower and the carpeting, or wood or tile flooring. I think they will also let us have some input on the lay out of the basement. Its totally unfinished right now, a blank canvas. So I am really excited to see what we can do with it!

There is still the stress of selling the house they are in now. I think it was built last year if I remember right. Its nice, 3 bedrooms (one of the bedrooms is really designed for 2 kids to live in, its huge, has 2 closets and a lot of floor space), an office, a really big kitchen and a living room and a family room. It is 2 1/2 baths. Its located at 13400 S and about 5000 W (not exact...) There is a playground across the street, in the neighborhood, not on a mainstreet or anything and a big park within walking distance. So if you know anyone who needs a house, this one would be a great starter house, one with young kids or a grandparents house. Pretty much anyone, it does have limited parking, but not too bad.

So yeah, I am really excited to move in with them, it will be so nice and they are going to save us about 500 a month on rent and other expenses. Plus Jake won't have to drive from Midvale to Orem every day. Just Herriman to Orem, which isn't so bad!

I will post some pictures of the new house later, I have to load them onto the computer. But I am super excited!!!!

No comments: