Saturday, October 11, 2008

The latest update

So I went to the doctor on Thursday afternoon and we are still pregnant! Everything is good, no progress so probably no early baby, but that's ok, he will come when he's ready! So everything is going pretty well, my back is doing remarkably better, I am not sure if its because the baby has dropped or because I have slowed down even more, but its tons better! My feet are gross and puffy most of the time. (I just got a pedicure though - so they look pretty!)

We are pretty much ready, I think... People keep asking what we need still and I am not really sure. I have thought of a couple things that I think we want but don't know if we really need them... We don't have a thermometer (I think the ear kind is what we want), diaper garbage can, baby monitor, or a baby hair brush and other grooming kit stuff.

Other than that we just need the baby!

4 comments:

Hillary said...

Two thoughts: we got a baby monitor when Abi was born and NEVER used it...our apartment was small enough that we could hear her no matter where we were. Also, it picked up noises from outside and upstairs so it kept freaking me out thinking someone was in her room. But If I can find our monitor you are welcome to have it-if you go upstairs while he's sleeping you may want one.

And a diaper genie thing isn't totally necessary-we've never had one. If you wrap the stinky diapers up in a plastic grocery sack and then take the garbage out once a day you'll be just fine.

Sometimes the hospital will have baby combs for you, we got one when Emma was born and it's a great one!

Hang in there, you're super close!

d.r. gib said...

We had a diaper genie,it was a gift and I loved it while we had bags for it. Then we never refilled it and found that plastic sacks worked great. So don't worry about that.

Both of my babies were pretty bald, so maybe you won't need a brush. I have one that I can give you since my kids hair is still thin enough that we use combs.

Becky said...

OK. Sorry I couldn't make it to the baby shower. But I need to meet up with you cause I got you a few things! Anyway, cross off the thermometer and kit, cause I got them. Also a side note about the monitor that some people haven't said: It picks up cordless phone conversations. When my littlest brother was born, we got to hear our neighbors "steamy" convos with his girlfriend. They were only his sidfe of the convo - but ewwww... so see how it goes and then if you need one - get one. Anyway - I have Wednesday off, let me know if I can meet up with you and maybe take you to lunch?!?! I miss ya!

Becky

Unknown said...

I'm glad you got a pedicure! You deserve some pampering!

Wish I knew how to get labor started so you can be done with the pregnancy part of the adventure. Sorry, I never figured that part out!

I have to second Hill's thing about the monitor. We never used it until Aubrey since we both worked and weren't home making too much noise. Once Aub was born and Jenna was louder, we did use it so we could shut the bedroom door during naps. If there will be times Nathan might be downstairs sleeping and you are upstairs or Janet is watching him, you might want one. Who knows!