Monday, June 25, 2007

Appendectomy and Airfare...

Well late last night Hillary had to go to the hospital via ambulance because of her appendix. She got out of surgery a little while ago and might get to go home tonight because she did so well in surgery. I don't know all the reasons why but they had to do it standard surgery not laparoscopically.

Its really hard to have her gone, this is her second surgery and third hospital stay since moving to Connecticut and its scary relying on phone calls to know what is going on. If she was here we'd be there waiting to find out what was going on. I wish they'd move home soon, but I know that being out there is what is going to get Steve's career going enough to comfortably support his family so that they can move out here. So as much as I miss them and wish they were home I know that its for the best.

Corrine is trying to find a way to fly out there to be with her while she is recovering, and because she needs a bit of a vacation. I hope she can get a flight that isn't expensive, she's trying to get a buddy pass from a friend of hers. It will be hard though because this Sunday is Jenna's 5th birthday, and she might not be back by then. I hope that it will work out though, I think for Hillary's sake it would be nice to have a visitor.

If Corrine can't go I think that my dad might, but I don't know, it depends on what kind of help they are going to need.

Jake suggested I go too and I would except I have school so I couldn't get away until Thursday which another week wouldn't matter but this Friday is moving day so this week won't work... Maybe another time though.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Hey Court, Thanks for the sweet post...I am actually doing pretty well. I'm sore from the surgery (this doc in particular likes to do the regualr inscision for some reason)but I've got some great painkillers. I wish that we were in Utah at times like this too, I just can't believe this kind of stuff keeps happening since we've been out here.
But don't worry too much about me, I'm in good hands with Steve and our great friends out here and now Corrine. I know you'd come out if you could, but no worries, you just keep plugging away at school.
Thanks for the concern-Love ya!!!

The Johnson's said...

Yes we are still paying rent to them. It will be nice to have some more room though. Possitive are always a good thing, but sometimes life justs sucks.... right Hil?