Monday, August 4, 2008

Birthday's are so much fun!

So I am so lucky I get to share my birthday with my sweet husband. Its not on the same day, mine's on the 1st and his is on the 4th. But they get grouped together and we celebrate for like a week or so.

This year was awesome! I can't believe that I am 25. Its crazy.

So we both took Friday (my birthday) off from work and spent the day together. We slept in, a little, went and got hair cuts, then went to lunch and did some browsing down at the Gateway.. Happy Sumo, mmm, so good. Then we went to Smith's Market Place where it was my work's double discount day and went birthday shopping. Yeah!!! My mom told me they were just giving us money, so we decided to use it... I got a new, small, and awesome digital camera. I can't believe how much they have changed in the past couple years, it was so inexpensive compared to our other camera, and has more megapixels. Its crazy. I love it, I can put it in my pocket, or in my purse... Or in a diaper bag... Where ever really. Jake got Super Mario Party 8 for the Wii, which is pretty fun!

Then we went to dinner, to Chili's, with Brooke and her boyfriend Dave - thanks Brooke!

The celebrations continued on Saturday with an early screening of the Mummy 3, which was cheesy but entertaining. Then we had a reunion/party for the Mad's of 2001. I must admit to being more than a little apprehensive to attending this, but it turned out to be lots of fun! It was so nice to see some old friends again and to see where they are in life, who has kids, and what everyone is up to. We made plans for after the party for Nate and Kristen to come up and to play some Wii with us, Nate was a madrigal with Jake, thats where they became best friends. It was so much fun to have them over, they live in Provo, which doesn't seem like such a long way, but we have a really hard time coordinating our schedules so we can hang out. But it worked great this weekend! So much fun!!



Then Sunday we had a birthday cake with Jake's family after church - Brooke made an awesome cake, she works at Cold Stone, So it was half white cake with cotton candy icecream, and half chocolate cake with chocolate/peanut butter icecream, so delicious! Then we went to my parents house for dinner and more celebrations... It was so fun, excellent dinner and an awesome cake from Corrine, it was triple chocolate cake with fresh strawberries mixed with whipped cream between two of the layers and then just whipped cream between the other layers. She makes her cakes with Diet Coke instead of the oil, water and egg. Its so much better calorie wise and tastes and looks just the same! Its brilliant! She is so talented with the decorating and stuff, I am so very impressed.



Today is Jake's birthday, and the poor boy has had to spend all day at school. But it was definately worth it, he is getting A's in pretty much every class! I am so proud of his dedication to his education. Its hard for him, always has been, but he has really stepped up and taken charge of his future. I am so very impressed with him!

Jake - I love you very very much and hope you had a happy birthday!

4 comments:

Hillary said...

Sounds like you guys have had a very busy couple of days-it wore me out just reading about it. I hope you guys both had very happy birthdays! I only had your cell phone #, so I called and left Jake a Happy birthday message on it.

See you guys in 2 WEEKS! Wahoo!!!

Unknown said...

We tried to call Jake last night, thinking we would catch him at home. Sorry we missed him. When is a better time to find him? We still need to sing at him!

By the way, will you send me a copy of thatr picture of Aubrey? Thanks!

Jenny and Al said...

Courtney, it was fun to see the slide show of the reunion. You took some great pictures! It was fun to see you and Jake. Good luck with the upcoming little guy!

The Johnson's said...

Yea well I missed them. I had a card already to go and now I cant find it anywhere. I am thinking I threw it away with all the other trash and junk mail I had sitting on the table.... so either it got mailed and you got it, or it's long gone now! Happy Birthday to you both. Hope things are well.